Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sappy Love Ballad

I've been too long a man contented with near solitude,
But somehow you have changed my solitary attitude.

Most persons make me feel a bit annoyed and out of place,
But you are one whose presence always graces empty space.

Just reading in the den while sitting quietly with you
Is satisfying in a way I seldom before knew.

There is a hole within my life that you uniquely fit,
And all the world is brighter, dear, when you are filling it.

And groaning 'neath the morning glare while trying to get stable
Is rendered almost tolerable when you're across the table.

The drudgery of this life has never given me much pride,
But chores get kinda fun when we can do them side by side.

I've not become the man that I once dreamed I'd someday be,
But you fulfill my biggest dream by being here with me.

There is a hole within my life that you uniquely fit,
And all the world is brighter, dear, when you are filling it.

***************************************************

It's not inspired by anyone. It's just some song lyrics, alas.

No comments: